It doesn’t take much to keep employees safe and secure. Even if you do everything you can to keep your workers safe, it’s possible that you’re doing too little. It is the responsibility of the building businesses to ensure that their staff are taught to take heed of all warning diktats. As a result, they must take action. Engineers and government officials can benefit from a variety of tapes and mats designed to make this process easier.
A Non-Detectable Warning Tape is a type of tape
Using non-detectable warning tape is a way to ensure that personnel are aware of their surroundings. Using color-coded warning tapes, mining and digging procedures can be flagged as risky or costly. The inert plastic substance used to make the non-detectable warning tapes may withstand degradation by acids, alkalis, and other soil constituents and be as thick as 4.0 mil.
Metal detectors can pick up a detectable subsurface warning tape, but not a non-detectable warning tape. To be discovered, it is solely reliant on its high level of visibility. It is possible to see these recordings with the naked eye. It is critical that the kind of utility is made clear to the public. Using the colour coding, it is possible to determine the type of utility wires that are beneath the surface.
Non-detectable warning tapes have the following characteristics:
- Specifically built to be buried beneath or above any wires or pipelines that may be present in the soil. Warning to the excavators that utility lines are buried beneath it.
- Conform to the requirements of the industry
- Get tapes in a variety of colours, lengths, and widths to suit your needs.
Using color-coded non-detectable warning tape as a ploy:
- Power Lines, Conduits and Lighting Cables all come in the colour red.
- Drainage lines and sewers are green in colour.
- Any gaseous material that emits a yellow colour is referred to as “oil.”
- Signal and alarm lines, communication channels and cables are all orange in colour.
- Drinking Water on the Go – Blue Color
- Non-permanent survey markers in the shade of pink
- Irrigation, reclaimed water, and slurry lines are all purple in colour.
- Excavation in White (Proposed)
Systematize and improve the identification of components and risks by using the correct non-detectable warning tape. It’s important to keep in mind that the tapes are meant to promote the use of safe spaces and reduce downtime due to accidents. In the construction industry, these tapes are most commonly employed to highlight the dangers of each entryway. A clear message can only be conveyed with the use of proper barricade tape.