Dentistry may be the study of the teeth, but according to Dr. Kami Hoss, it is a great way to build the self-confidence of individuals. This is particularly why he feels fortunate to be able to be a part of changing lives in a way. Orthodontic treatments, he says, are the ways to correctly position the teeth and thereby bring about a change in the look of the individual. The teeth are either straightened or moved to their proper positions also to ensure that each tooth can function properly.
The orthodontic treatment that focuses on providing quicker and more comfortable treatments using the latest technology is known as advanced orthodontic treatment. With the coming in of this addition to dentistry, one no longer has to rely just on metal braces to make their teeth look better. Aligners are something that is ruling the market when it comes to repositioning teeth.
They have given the comfort of being made of other materials as well and give a non-existent feeling to the user, while at the same time carrying out their work effectively. Ceramic braces which are being customized according to the color of the individuals’ teeth or even being absolutely clear are much in vogue. While you can barely understand that one is using them the alignment of the teeth is rectified.
The kind of braces that Dr. Kami Hoss uses at his clinic are ‘AADvance braces’. These are not the traditional painful metal ones, instead, they have rhodium-coated brackets. This is his favorite trend and he guarantees that using these braces one does not have to wait for years to see a better-looking set of teeth, it happens in a matter of months.
Some of the advanced orthodontic tools that are extremely efficient and interesting to know include:
- 3 D imaging – This has replaced the original plaster models of teeth before conducting any treatment on the teeth. This is a planning tool to analyze and identify the best treatment option for the individual.
- Digital Radiography – It is not an unknown fact that x-rays are harmful to the body, hence this tool which helps to minimize the use of x-rays on the body. This advanced form of x-ray uses very little radiation to get images for clinical care.
- Digital tooth placement – This too aids in the planning massively and decreases the real-time treatment considerably. A digital placement of tools is carried out to understand the best way to treat the individual’s teeth and then apply it to the individual. This also helps reduce the discomfort of the individual.
- Speed braces – These come with, as Dr. Kami Hoss informs self-ligating braces which decrease friction extensively and reduce the treatment visit times largely, making them the most effective kind of braces available.
- Clear retainers – Once the teeth are realigned, retainers come into the picture but the thin polymer used in these hardly makes them visible and therefore a preferred advanced orthodontic tool.
With the coming of the advanced version of orthodontic treatment, both the doctor and the patient have been thoroughly gratified.