Most people today use HP printers in their offices and homes. In most cases, it performs a good printing job. However, sometimes, users face HP Printer Offline issues while using this printer. This problem can adversely affect their urgent printing tasks. Note that the issue arises not because of one but many reasons. So, the resolution you implement should be according to the specific cause. In this article, you’ll find some common reasons why your HP printer goes offline. After that, you’ll get to know some good fixes for it.
Why does HP Printer Offline Issue Arise?
Many reasons bring forth this problem. If your HP printer keeps going offline, it may be because of one of the following reasons.
- A connectivity issue between the HP printing device and your system.
- An obsolete printer driver can hinder your printer from working optimally.
- HP printer is unable to communicate with the computer system because of some software or hardware-related problems.
- Faulty printer settings.
- Slow or stopped spooler service.
Troubleshooting the HP Printer Offline Problem
You can troubleshoot the HP Printer Offline problem in Windows 10 and Mac. Read and follow these effective fixes.
Uncheck the option Use Printer Offline
If you are facing an HP Printer Offline Windows 10 problem, you can fix it easily by unchecking the Use Printer Offline option. Here is how you can do it.
- Reboot your printer.
- Check that you have plugged in your device to the computer. Then see if it has network connectivity.
- Sign in to your PC via a local administrator account.
- Now navigate to the ‘Control Panel.’
- Click on ‘Devices and Printers.’ You will notice a printer’s list.
- Right-click on your model and choose ‘See what’s printing.’
- Tap ‘Printer‘ and unselect the checkmark from the option ‘Use printer offline.’
- Your printer will get back online.
Fix the spooler service
If the spooler service stops, you will find the HP Printer Offline on your Windows 10. To correct this issue, follow these points.
- Input’ services.msc’ on the ‘Run’ box and click ‘OK.’
- Navigate to ‘Print Spooler.’ See that its status is ‘Running.’
- If you find the status as ‘Stopped,’ right-tap on ‘Print Spooler‘ and tap ‘Start.’
- Exit the window and see if the problem persists.
Clear all printer jobs.
If there are printing jobs stuck in the print queue, the printer will show offline. So, you should delete the print jobs by following this process.
- Launch the Run box and input’ services.msc.’
- Hit Enter to launch the Service window.
- Point to the spooler and right-tap to launch ‘Properties.’
- Tap ‘Stop‘ and press ‘OK.’
- Launch the Windows file explorer and input this command: ‘% windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS’In the ‘Printer‘ folder, select all the files and clear them.
- Navigate to the Spooler Properties, and tap ‘Start.’ Then, press ‘OK.’
- Start your system again. Hopefully, the printer will function properly now.
Fix the HP Printer Offline Problem on Mac
If you find that your HP printer keeps going offline on Mac, it means that the Mac device isn’t able to set up a connection with the printer. Follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Switch on your printing device and keep it active.
- Reboot your printer and cancel every print task.
- Inspect the connection settings. Sometimes, the USB isn’t properly connected, or there’s an unstable wireless network connection.
- Troubleshoot the connection of the USB cable and link it to the wireless network
Now you can fix the Printer Offline issue independently. All the measures are quite simple to follow. Feel free to connect with expert printer technical support services if you need additional assistance. The professionals will help you fix the issue speedily.